Oct 11, 2014

Take down some notes



I found this meme hilarious. Guilty as I may seem, I am currently doing this whenever I fetch my son from school . Gone were the days when the parent or someone who was tasked to fetch the child in school will stay inside the classroom to take down notes. This usually  happens whenever the child was not able to take down notes because he was so excited to leave or just simple lazy that day. I remember back then when Nanay will fetch me in school and before we leave the classroom she’ll check my notebooks one by one so as to know if I did write or take down notes. And if I did not, she will ask permission from my teacher to copy the lessons of the day and even asked her how it was done especially in Math. Nanay is really one-of-a kind. Now with my son in kindergarten , it is very important to check their lessons for the day. My son’s penmanship itself is still a work in progress. Instead of me writing those what were on the board, I just simply take photos of them.
Very easy. Very clever. Lol!  I just organized the photos in my tablet so that whenever we go out or just  waiting our turn in the bank or at the CS department in a mall, I have the chance to review him. This way, it is more effective to get his attention  than bringing his school notebooks. I also observed that my son easily gets tired by just seeing his notebooks. He said one time that can he just take a break and study no more at home coz he was already tired understanding his teacher in school. Oh, feels like too much for a 5 year old. He got good scores in his seat work so I may conclude that he did listen to his teacher. He is only in kindergarten and I don't want him to burnt out.  Nowadays, kids are really not fond of checking their own notes. For them it is boring and very tiring. In reviewing notes, it is appealing to them if you use different kinds of medium. My son likes doing online math exercise (www.ixl.com) and online reading lessons (www.starfall.com). But I only give him 30mins to an hour online. Then whenever we practice spelling, I used colored pens and stickers. He is even advance from the rest of the class.


Lessons of the day


Taking down notes is very important. It helps you remember things -unless you have a super bionic memory. It also eases your mind in recalling important matters that the lecturer pointed out.  It will be an easy task to refer to your notes if you have doubts or questions. It only shows that you listened to the lecturer and was interested with the topic.

In goal-setting, it is also very important to write them down. This will serve as clear guide in your everyday journey. To know where you have been and to  know where you are heading to.  Everyday when you see your goals, you are more determined and motivated to accomplish them in time. Dreams will be more realistic and there is a big chance of success. You are actually set to focus. And when you reached these goals, never forget to celebrate by simply thanking God for blessing and for guiding you through out the way. 

I'll share my goals on my future posts :)

Blessed day everyone.







No comments:

Post a Comment