Nov 23, 2014

Just A Matter Of Choice

My old keyboard and I were "partners" for years. However, some keys weren't functioning well so keeping it was a hassle. Last week we were issued  new keyboards. At last! I requested for a new one last year but only got it this time. 

The replacement keyboards are very rubbery soft and the keys are compressed. The old ones were wider and the keys were quite firm. The first time I used the new one was troublesome. Instead of the usual delete-page down across arrangement, they're arranged differently. Arranged in a columnly manner where the delete key is on top then the page down key at the bottom. So instead of hitting the delete key whenever I typed a wrong character, I hit page down. And so my work kept on scrolling down. Then I heard from a colleague that he's also having difficulty with our new keyboard. He complained that he typed slower than the usual because his fingers were not used to with the new one. Seems that his typed orders decreased a little. One colleague even cracked a joke on him, " Yung keyboard ba may problema or ikaw?" It was just actually a joke but if you'll give it a thought, it might be true. There's really no problem at all. It's just the manner of how the situation was handled.

In this world, the only thing that is constant is change. Enable to survive changes, we must learn how to adapt. Learn how to deal with things that happen to us. Just like what the principle of the Law of the Seed implies, we either change the world or change our thinking to become happier. But which one is easier? A change of mindset makes huge wonders. It's not what happens to us that determine our happiness but rather how we think about what happens to us.

So to my new keyboard, my new partner, welcome to my life. I'm looking forward to work productively and efficiently with you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment