Nov 3, 2014

The Week That Was

Last week was a blast when I took our department's quarterly shift rotation. Being a nocturnal, dealing with the shenanigans of broad daylight really means big adjustment. From waking up at 530am to catch the early ride to work to sleeping early at 8pm (target time) to avoid looking like a zombie in the morning. I often felt restless having a day shift schedule. I can only prepare dinner and scan my son's notes. On my regular graveyard schedule, I work at 9pm til 8am. I can still do errands once I got home then sleep at 1pm. I wake up at 6 or 7pm for dinner and help my son to review his lessons. 

However, the past week was a blessing as a whole. I got to meet the other day shifters (newly hired) and seemed like new acquaintances with those old souls. There were mixtures of giggles and dramas. 


New bundles of joy- I got the news from 3 closed friends. Two girlfriends gave birth to their lovely daughters and one colleague announced that she was 4 weeks delayed. Congratz dears!

The start of a new beginning-  The youngest in the team just filed her resignation. She was given the offer to work as an IT officer by an international company. At 22, big dreams are possible and reachable. We will miss her for sure  although she only worked for less than a year in our company. Good luck, Ading!

Health matters - We had the company annual medical checkup last July. Yet, it was only last week when I  was asked to see the company physician for a follow-up checkup. Based on the medical tests, I have anemia. Somehow it's true due schedule of my work. But thank God that my case is not that serious. The company physician even told me " Kamote lang katapat niyan." Talbos ng kamote ( sweet potato leaves) are good source of iron. In addition to the talbos, he just advised  me to continue my intake of ferrous sulfate, B-complex and vitamin-C.

Exam week done- My son's periodical exam was originally scheduled on November 4. But thank God, the school's principal allowed the kindergarten to take the exam early last week. My son really enjoyed his "semestral break". It was a really a big relief.

Visit to our Dear Inang - Actually, Dear Hubby and Itay always visit the tomb of Inang every week. My mother-in-law passed away early this year. And last November 1 was our very first visit to her as a complete family together with pamangkins and sister-in-laws.  It has been very difficulty for Itay. They were together for forty years. Men in nature are not expressive with their feelings. However, we heard Itay sighed and said sweet whispers to her tomb. He kept on wiping her tombstone. He also brought Inang's fave siomai, Chinese ponkan and lomi. True love until eternity. 

Another blessed week had passed and I'm looking forward for more interesting ones ahead. 

Good vibes to every one!

No comments:

Post a Comment